Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Trip To See Grandpa-pa

We left last Tuesday night to go visit Grandpa-pa! Originally Daddy was gonna go alone but he figured it was cheaper for us all to drive down there vs. him flying, renting a rental car and hotel. The only bad thing was the 13 hour drive. On the way down Daddy was a superstar and drove the ENTIRE time. Mommy helped Daddy drive on the way back! Mommy and Daddy thought leaving at night right after my bath would be the smartest choice, hoping I’d sleep and they were right. I slept for 9 of the 13 hours. I woke up for a little bit when they stopped for gas but other than that I snoozed!! Mommy and Daddy were very thankful! I did the exact same on the way back! Way to go me!!

We had a nice time while we were down there visiting my Grandpa-pa who is Daddy’s Daddy. It’s very sad to see him so sick. By the end of the trip I really warmed up to him and gave him lots of love and talked his ear off. He liked that! We also got to spend some time with some of Daddy’s other relatives who were all very nice and Mommy and I were very happy we were able to meet them.

Please keep my Grandpa-pa and my Daddy in your thoughts and prayers. We aren’t sure how long Grandpa-pa is going to be with us. We all sure love him very much! Mommy and I are sad we didn’t get the chance to know him better. He’s a very, very sweet man! We love you lots Grandpa-pa!!


Taking off! I'm already tired!

We were very thankful for our GPS!

Mommy's travel friend! Hand-held Yatzee and a really
neat new scrapbook idea book!


Daddy fueling up the car!

Starbucks was the last stop
before we hit the road!

Here I am after 13 hours!
Happy girl!!!

Mommy and I after a nap
the morning we got there!

Playing with Daddy!

Pool time! Except it was too
cold that night so we played in the
hot tub instead.


There's the pool and hot tub
at our hotel.

Oh man the pool is too cold
Daddy!!!

Daddy blowing up my floaty!

Mommy and I were nice and warm in the hot tub.

__________________________________________________

2nd Day

My great-great Aunt Barbara!

They had lots of neat things at their ranch/house.



We were gonna come back and go swimming and never
did! Bummer!

I liked the swing set she had
for her Grandkids!

Daddy showing me all their cows!

Oh and one goat with all the cows!

Oh and they have an orchard
of Almond trees and they sell
all their almonds to the Blue
Diamond Almond Company.

Grandpa-pa was feeling good enough this night so
we all took him to Outback for dinner! It wiped him
out though!!!

Hanging out at Grandpa-pa's!

I love him!!

I thought he wanted to play with Snow White! And he
did! :)
I had so much fun with Avery. She's my 3rd cousin!

Here we are poundin' it or givin "knucks"

There's Avery with her Mommy Ciara who is Daddy's
super nice cousin.

Ciara and Grandpa-pa's dog Bull!
He's an American Bull Dog and
man he was BIG! And very friendly!

Ciara, Avery, Daddy and Me!

1 comment:

Kate said...

So glad you guys were able to go! I bet it lifted his spirits a ton! Abby lights up a room where ever she goes!!!!