Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scrapbook Retreat

What a fun, fun, FUN weekend. I have been looking forward to this retreat for a very long time! Carla and I scrapbook every month at Ben Franklin for about 8 hours and then if I’m able to I will scrap a little here and there at home but there is NOTHING like going to a retreat. I had a goal of 50 pages and almost made the goal. I got 43 pages done! Even though I didn’t hit the goal I’m still so happy with the amount I got done. I have never been this caught up with my scrapbooking. I’m only 6 months behind. Usually I’m a year or more behind! I’m hoping to go to another one in May (hoping Megan, wink, wink!!!) so I can get even more done! Carla and her mom came to the retreat too and I had a great time scrapping with them. What fun ladies! We started scrapping at 9 am Saturday morning, finished a little after midnight Saturday night and then back to the room from 8-3 on Sunday!

Thank you so much Megan for everything! I know there’s a lot of work behind the scenes and then at the retreat so I just wanted you to know I appreciated everything you did! And also for the fun gift basket! :)

Thank you honey for taking care of Abby and letting me get away the entire weekend! It was such a fun break! Love you!!

I have to say, because I know Linda reads my blog that I so appreciate your advice you gave me years ago regarding the planning and organizing you do before going to retreats! I have been organizing my pictures with the appropriate paper and embellishments, printed journaling and also anything I need cut or printed from the Cricut. What a difference it makes being organized that like. So thank you so much for that advice!









I do NOT know how I scrapbooked before getting this
wonderful machine! My best purchase yet! :)



Yes I have fixed the backwords i! Didn't notice
it till I looked at this picture. Oops!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yay! I am glad you finally got to go on a retreat! Doesn't it feel good to get so much done? I like the fonts for your cricut--"smile" and "happiness" words. I have a cricut too and it is a great tool to have! Wait until Abby gets in school and then it will come in handy for art projects! I'm going on a retreat in February--can't wait!