Sunday, June 12, 2011

Arlington Relay For Life

The Arlington Relay for Life was this last weekend. Rory and I were very involved this year. We were both very excited that the Arlington Police Department formed a team this year. I was co-captain with Rory’s Chief. I absolutely LOVE this event and am so happy and honored to be a part of an event to help research cancer. We’ve been affected by cancer personally in our family. We lost Rory’s dad to cancer two years ago and my mom’s had 2 scares with cancer. This last year a dear friend from High School lost her mom to cancer. She battled with breast cancer for over 7 years and lost her battle in December. Rory and I both had goals to walk as much as we could and raise as much money as we could. I walked 18 miles and Rory walked 12. He would’ve walked more but his calves got burned really bad early in the day that he was in some serious pain later at night. Rory raised over $500. I was so proud of him! Our team brought in almost $1800! Since our team was police officers and their significant others, we went with the whole cops, coffee and donuts theme for our booth. We sold coffee that was donated from Vinaccios, krispy kreme donuts, donut shaped sugar cookies and donut hole cake pops. Everyone got a kick out of theme! :) Rory works with a really great group of guys and I loved getting to know some of the wives and girlfriends better. I’ve said it before, but I really am proud to be a police officer’s wife. We’re already starting to plan next year’s relay. Can’t wait!

We love and miss you Papa Rick and love you Mom. We walked all night for both of you!!! And thank you Mom for always taking good care of Abby for us! She had a blast with you!!


























































No comments: