Monday, December 22, 2008

{ Annual Baking Day! }

Grandma and Mommy are crazy, I tell ya! Grandma is the master baker you see, and since Mommy was little she’s always baked lots of yummy Christmas goodies and gave them out on cute platters as gifts. When Mommy got old enough she started helping Grandma and now it’s a yearly tradition. They make up to 15 different cookies and candies and try to make a few new things each year but of course stick with some of the originals and favorites. Some of the favorites include recipes from Grandma’s Mommy. She has the best fudge recipe ever, well that’s what Mommy says. I haven’t tried it yet but I bet I’ll like it too!


I wanted to help but they said I couldn't!

Mommy mixing away!


These are a new candy they tried!
They are carmel, pecan and rice crispie
balls dipped in chocolate! YUM!


These little snow ball thingys are Daddy's
favorite so Grandma and Mommy made
Daddy do the dirty work!


Here's your favorite Aunt Kate. Mommy just doesn't
understand why! I guess they are Grandma's
favorite too! Must be the coconut!


Raspberry Ribbons. Yum, those look tasty! I like
raspberry jam on sandwhiches! (:


These are mommy's favorite! Almond Roca Bars!


This is another new recipe. Turtle cups!


Daddy's snowballs. Good job rolling them
in the powdered sugar!


Another new recipe. Chocolate Peanut
Mallow Fudge. Sounds good!


And a finished platter!


Here's all the platters, now off we go to deliver!

4 comments:

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

First of all, LOVE the hippo PJ's. Chelsea has them too and wears them everytime they are clean. :)

Secondly...YUM!! Great job on all the cookies. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun together and way to get Rory in it too! :)

Merry Christmas...hope you all have a great one!

Linda said...

Wow! They look delicious! How do I get a platter delivered to my house? :)

What a great tradition and Abby is never too young to help (or taste test!)

Anonymous said...

WOW! How do you get on the list of recipients?!? You and your mom amaze me. Did you do ALL that in one day?!?!
Merry Christmas, you guys!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, I think BOTH the news ones are my new favs!! So yummy!! Thank you! Hope you guys have a Merry Merry Christmas!!