Friday, December 19, 2008

{ Dream come TRUE!!! }

Well, I gave my notice today at work. I will be done working January 9th and will be staying home to raise Abby. I can’t even begin to say how excited I am. It’s MORE than a dream come true for me. Some of you know how much I have struggled the last 10 months being away from my sweet baby girl! I can remember writing this post from last February when my maternity leave was almost up and I was typing it balling my eyes out!

I’ve gotten a lot of comments from people that I’m gonna be bored and gonna go crazy but I really don’t think so! I’m looking forward to it! I have quite a few friends that also stay home, Rory has days off during the week and same with my mom. I will not get bored OR go crazy!! (:

I'm looking forward to 2009!! (:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will not be bored!!! And, you will NEVER be sorry for this decision. Thoroughly enjoy every minute of it and feel priviledged for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. Some days your days will be so full you won't even know how you'll be able to get everything done! Especially when Abby's brothers and/or sisters start to come along. I am soooooo happy for you Ang.

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you and SO jealous! You will have so much fun staying home and taking care of your family...

Kate said...

Oh no Sister, you will not be bored!! You will have plenty to do, I mean "WE" will have plenty to do!! :) Plus you will be busy making sure you have dinner on the table when your hubby and mom get home from work :)

Linda said...

It will be an adjustment not working but you will not be bored. Mom's are never bored. There are days that I wish that I was working to have different responsibilities, but then I say to myself, "What am I thinking?" I get to loaf around all day, watch Oprah and eat bon bons! :) But its when I am helping my working mom friends with daycare that I realize how lucky I am that I get to stay home. Joe has made it possible for me to stay home and I am grateful for that. Jake told me that I can't work because he likes me to be home when he gets home from school. Hannah told me she is glad that she only has half day kindergarten because then she gets to spend time with me in the afternoon. I love that! Enjoy it and love it! Abby will truly love having you home! --Linda

Susan said...

Abby is so lucky. I am very happy for you. The sad part is I won't get to see your smily face every day when I come to work. But you will do great.

AuntiePants said...

Take it from an old pro - you have made one of the most important decisions ever. And you will not regret it.
I did it for 20 years and do not regret one moment. I'm not saying there were not difficult times, but now that my 5 kids are mostly grown, I can be satisfied that I did everything that I could to raise them well.
GOOD FOR YOU!

Ryan and DeWayne Hetrick said...

Ang I am so happy for you I know how long you have wanted this I remember talking about this exact thing when we were both still single. I am so proud of you for doing this. I know that at times it might seem hard but just know that you are doing the best thing you can for Abby and any other little ones you might have. I have always when I was a kid wished my mom to stay home with us but she never could. We love you Ang and hope that 2009 will be extra special for you. Love Ryan